Time to readless than
Read so far
- Check for ticks every day regardless of whether you use a prevention or not.
- Feel for the tick, don't just look. You’ll feel them before you see them.
- Frontline Plus needs to be applied every 2 weeks to control paralysis ticks.
- There is a new tick collar for dogs we have available that doesn't smell!
- In cats you need to use frontline spray every 3 weeks, the spot-ons don’t work for ticks in cats.
- Know the signs of tick paralysis:
- weakness and wobbliness in the limbs
- difficulty breathing
- choking & bringing up food
- change in the sound of the voice/bark/meow
- If your pet shows any signs seek treatment ASAP.
- If you find a tick just remove it any way you like (half a tick is a dead tick and won’t produce any more toxin).
- Leaving the head in is generally not of concern in animals.
- Tick paralysis can be fatal. Despite our best efforts some animals don’t make it. If they are only mildly affected they are likely to recover with treatment.