"Keeping Them Young at Heart"
Looking After Your Aging Pet
Just like with people, as pets get older they develop health problems. By having regular checkups and running a few tests there are many common senior pet diseases that can be detected.
Early detection allows us to intervene sooner and treat the disease to allow your pet to live their life to it’s full potential. Your dog or cat will be with you for as long as they can and be much healthier and happier- their visit to the vet doesn’t need to be their last!
Recommended Preventative Health Program for older pets
- Veterinary Health Check* every 6 months
- Urinalysis every 6 months
- Screening Blood Test every 12 months
*A veterinary health check includes a dental check, physical examination and blood pressure check where appropriate. At the time of the examination we may do a questionnaire that helps us to determine whether animals are showing signs indicative of pain or diseases such as dementia.
Common Problems in older pets
Some common problems that occur in older pets that we can detect and treat
- Kidney Failure
- Tumours or Cancer
- Liver Disease
- Hormone Problems
- Heart Failure
- Dental Disease
Join our Free Grey Paws Club
- Your senior pets will get a free Grey Paws Club ID tag after their next veterinary health check
- Receive e-newsletters with information to help you look after your elderly pet
- Get a free urinalysis every 6 months for any elderly pets