When registering a new litter of puppies or kittens it is now necessary to create an account online at the NSW Pet Registry Site (nb. In order to create an account you will need access to your email to verify your identity).
Once you have created your profile you will now need to generate a breeder number (this is what we use to link the litter to you).
- Login to your petregistry account
- Go to your profile
- Scroll down to the Pet Breeder Information section and change the Are you a Pet Breeder? section to "yes", the press the save button
- The next trick is to be able to get your Breeder ID: you need to refresh the page, you may need to login again and then your bredder ID will appear next to where the Are you a Breeder Question is.
- Record or copy this ID as you will need it when your litter is microchipped
- If you are a member of the CAVH family use the form at the bottom of this page to send us your breeder ID and we will store it on your record at Companion Animal Vets
Once the litter is microchipped they will be electronically linked to your account on pet registry.
What to do when you sell a puppy or kitten
Once you have sold the puppy it will be necessary to transfer the ownership of the puppy. This can be done electronically.
- Login to your account on petregistry
- When you login your will be able to see a list of the animals in your profile. Locate the correct entry by looking for the microchip
- Click on transfer
- Enter the details of the person you have sold the puppy/kitten to:
- Once the details are entered click on transfer (at the top)
Once this is done it is now up to the new owner to claim their pet on the registry.